Academics and Assessments
As a public charter school, NUA Home School is required to administer the following assessment testing to students.
Learn More: NUA Home School Assessment Overview
NWEA MAP Testing (Grades TK-8): In-house assessment in fall and spring
- Student Introduction to MAP Testing
- Fall 2016 NWEA Window- August 16-September 9
- Spring 2017 NWEA Window- May 15-June 8
NUA Writing Assignment (Grades TK-8): In-house assessment completed by all students in the fall and spring
- Fall 2016 writing assignment will be given during LP 4 – November 7-December 9
- Spring 2017 writing assignment will be given during LP 8 – March 20-April 7
CAASPP Assessment 2017 (Grades 3-8): State-mandated assessment; required for all students in grades 3-8
- Spring 2017 CAASPP test window – April 24-May 19
CST Science test window (Grades 5 and 8) – April 24-May 16
- Specific test dates for each county will be made available after winter break.
PE Testing (February; mandatory for grades 5, 7, and 9).
- Information for spring 2017 will be posted during the fall 2016 semester.